University of Kabianga is located in Kabianga Division in Kericho West District. The University is situated in the Kabainga Complex, comprising of the then Kabianga Framers Training Center, Kabianga High School and Primary School and the Kipsigis County Council Tea Farm. The Kabianga Complex has along history. The Government School, Kabianga ,was started in 1925. Kabianga Teachers’ Training College existed between 1929 and 1963, when the College was moved to the present Kericho Teachers Traininng College.After the relocation ,Kabianga Farmers Training Centre was established in 1959 at the premises.Its objective was to serve as an Agricultural Training facility for farmers from the South Rift and beyond.Kabianga Farmers Training Centre became Kabianga Campus of Moi University in may 2007. In May, 2009, the University Campus was elevated to a University College and on 1st March 2013 it was awarded charter by H.E Hon. Mwai Kibaki and became a fully fledge University.